We are a local authority school, and therefore follow the LA Admissions procedures as listed below. Please also see the link on the website.
Local Authority Admission Arrangements
Children in Sandwell are admitted to school at the beginning of the Academic year in which they are 5, provided a school is available. The admission priorities for the allocation of places are given below:
Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council Education and Lifelong Learning Admission Priorities
Where there are more applications for a school than places available, places will be allocated on the basis of the following priorities:
- Children who are in Public Care.
- Children with a particular medical condition which can be met most appropriately by the preferred school. Applications must be accompanied by a medical declaration form signed by the child’s General Practitioner or Consultant confirming the condition and detailing the child’s needs. All applications under this criterion will be assessed by the LA to decide whether the child’s needs can be met most appropriately by the preferred school.
- Having a brother or sister at the preferred school (not nursery) at the time of admission.
- For admissions to Infant Schools, having a brother or sister at the preferred school or at a linked Junior School on the same site or nearby at the time of admission.
- For admissions to Junior Schools, being on roll at the linked Infant school at the closing date for applications. Priority will be given to pupils who have a brother or sister at the preferred school or at a linked Infant School (not nursery) on the same site or nearby at the time of admission.
- Denominational grounds, supported by the Church. Applications based on this criterion must be accompanied by a completed declaration form signed by a Priest, Minister or Community Leader to signify support.
- Distance measured in a straight line from a child's home to the school’s main entrance (as determined by the Head Teacher).
In all cases, should the number of applicants exceed the number of places available, places will be allocated on the basis of distance between home and school, as measured in a straight line from the home to the main entrance of the school with priority given to those living closest to the school.
Coming To Lodge
Admission Arrangements – Foundation Stage
Children are admitted to nursery classes in Primary schools at around 3 years of age. We are able to offer some flexibility with the times Nursery age children are in school as we aim to support the Local Authority in delivering the Extended Flexible Offer of up to 15 hours free care and education per week.
Parents should complete an application form which is available from the school office; it is helpful if you bring your child’s birth certificate with you when calling to register them for entry to the Nursery Class.
Please note, the offer of a Nursery place does not guarantee admission to the Reception class.
If you would like to view the school, please telephone for an appointment. We would love to show you around!
View more on the official Sandwell Council website